Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help For Beginners

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
toha_mh
1884 Views, 14 Replies

Help For Beginners

Hi Friends, I am a new user of Robot. I am finding too many problems here. I hope somebody can help.

1.When I want to draw a floor slab, if I draw differently (clockwise or anti-clockwise, starting from longer beam or shorter beam side) it shows different maps in stresses and moments. So what is the actual method? How should I draw?

2. There are too many options. Floor, Panel, Cladding ... Inside Floor there are Shell, Deck Slab (One way), ... If I want to draw a solid floor salb which one I should use? And when I should use the others?

3. How can I design T-Beams? I mean when I set code parameters, it says that T-Beam was considered, but doesn't show any reinforcement for flanges, only shows for webs.

4. Some times when designing required reinforcement in beams, it says that for certain  beam there is "insufficient capacity against shear". Why is it happening and how to solve it? (In the attachment beam no. 33 and 66)

5. In the attached file, I drew the edge columns aligning centers, without eccentricity. But as we know in reality, it will have to be constructed with 10 cm eccentricity (ei between the centers of col. no. 5 and 17). So how should I actually draw? If I draw with eccentricity, when designing the beams, it shows a message "Segmets of the length less than 10 cm have been removed, Transfer of the RC Element has been completed". What does this mean? Is this a problem? How to solve this?

Thanks In Advance.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: toha_mh

1.When I want to draw a floor slab, if I draw differently (clockwise or anti-clockwise, starting from longer beam or shorter beam side) it shows different maps in stresses and moments. So what is the actual method? How should I draw?

Your choice. For results presentation please set correct  \ desired Direction

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSA/2013/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-16AA1074-A4F2-4EAA-A456-86AF1F396341.htm

mapsdir.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 15
Rafal.Gaweda

2. There are too many options. Floor, Panel, Cladding ... Inside Floor there are Shell, Deck Slab (One way), ... If I want to draw a solid floor salb which one I should use? And when I should use the others?

Floor = slab : 

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSA/2013/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-316A5523-11CC-4857-B410-649A36B19A09.htm

in short : flat horizontal panel 

If you want to use such panel \ floor in desing or get results use Shell.

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSA/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesROBOT/GUID-13A7E8C9-AAB0-44CE-8C48-DC9BB38...

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 15
Rafal.Gaweda

3. How can I design T-Beams? I mean when I set code parameters, it says that T-Beam was considered, but doesn't show any reinforcement for flanges, only shows for webs.

Additional settings you have to use:

flange.jpg:

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 15
Rafal.Gaweda

5. In the attached file, I drew the edge columns aligning centers, without eccentricity. But as we know in reality, it will have to be constructed with 10 cm eccentricity (ei between the centers of col. no. 5 and 17). So how should I actually draw?

Leave it as it is or use offsets.

But before take a look at these threads;

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Beam-offsets/m-p/3332921/highlight/true#M276... 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Consequence-of-axis-position-offset-excentre...

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 15
Rafal.Gaweda

4. Some times when designing required reinforcement in beams, it says that for certain  beam there is "insufficient capacity against shear". Why is it happening and how to solve it? (In the attachment beam no. 33 and 66)

It is caused by torsion. Turn it off.

Developers will check tosion design.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 15
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

@rg_Adsk wrote:

It is caused by torsion. Turn it off.

Developers will check tosion design.

Please check your \ Robot calculations (below). Let us know if there is any bug in Robot.

torsion33.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 15
toha_mh

Thnx a lot. Now it's clear to me.

But can't ROBOT design ribbed (hollow block slab)? I see there is a tab called othographic, but even when I use that, it doesn't show the ribs in the panel thickness, or doesn't design the ribs.

Message 9 of 15
Artur.Kosakowski
Message 10 of 15
toha_mh

@ RG_Adsk, how can I turn tortion off, please?

Message 11 of 15
Romanich

Torsion.png

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 12 of 15
ilianirosli8

How to turn it off?

Message 13 of 15

HI @ilianirosli8

What exactly you would like to turn off? Could you quote post and lines you are referring to?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 14 of 15
ztyjackson
in reply to: ilianirosli8

Switch layout to structural model-geometry, go to design tab, required reinforcement for beam/column-option, then code parameters...

I am in the same problem where it says "insufficient capacity against shear" but the problem was still there when torsion is turned off. 

Message 15 of 15
Romanich
in reply to: ztyjackson

Hi @ztyjackson ,

It is hard to say what is the issue without having the model. You can zip and attach the model.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report