Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

harmonic analysis

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
colastanarobo
1695 Views, 23 Replies

harmonic analysis

Hi,

I introduced  the vibration of a machine (frequency=10Hz) : HARMONIC ANALYSIS.

The problem is that the results are not clear: there isn't load combinations  with harmonic

Can you explain me this type of analysis

Best regards 

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

I do not understand. Please explain.

harmonicincomb.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 24

I understand that with harmonis analysis we cannot generate automatic combinations, that's it?

so we do manuals comb

Message 4 of 24

You can provided you assign the nature to the harmoinic case.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 24

it's only when we use eurocode as code
Message 6 of 24

Why? It works for CM66, and most likely for all other codes.

cm66nat.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 24

Hi,

you're rightSmiley Happy

Thank you

Message 8 of 24

I come to ask a question about the reactions caused by harmonic analysis, why the values are null?

Message 9 of 24

Have you applied any load to Harmonic case?

reactharmonic.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 10 of 24

please, see this file

Message 11 of 24

As written by Rafal; add some load in case 21. You need to have some load that you want to apply in 'dynamic' way.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 12 of 24

ok, what about (masses),I need to convert the masses dynamic or overall mass or harmonic, this detail isn't clear
Message 13 of 24

If you want to treat load defined in other load case as mass use the load to mass conversion. You can also use the added masses option if you want to add additional mass on the model. 

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSAPRO/2014/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-FEC73829-9EDF-406B-9BAB-4A9201A32B0C.htm

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSAPRO/2014/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-293A6BC3-EBE2-480B-921C-55FE7FB9DE2C.htm

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSAPRO/2014/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-0F3E4B20-E266-4AFE-A7D8-12669751495B.htm

Artur Kosakowski
Message 14 of 24

Hello Artur,

These loads are estimated based on equipments in the hangar? that's it? 

Message 15 of 24

I'm not sure if I understand the question. Which loads do you mean exactly?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 16 of 24

the loads in  harmonic case 21

Message 17 of 24

This is the dynamic load you assume as changing value in time e.g.  the moving / rotating part of  an engine.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 18 of 24

so we must search in the specifications notes

Message 19 of 24

Iam sorry, i mean the specifications notes of this project

Thank you for all

Message 20 of 24

Hello Arthur,

I have not found the value required for the harmonic load calculation, will I be able to change the type harmonic FRF ???
what is the difference between harmonic and harmonic FRF?

Thank you in advanceSmiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report