Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geometry optimization for columns .

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Mohammed_Ata
633 Views, 4 Replies

Geometry optimization for columns .

I can activate this option feo beams for ACI-308-11 , but is not activated for columns . 

I wander if this option may be implemented for columns for the next version ! 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Mohammed,

The optimization of rc column is not a simply problem to solve, differently from the beams optimization.

Changing a column section it change the structural behaviour of the whole structure, columns and beams, and the problem can generate a loop.

My suggestion is to create some family composed by all the columns that have similar behaviour and assign, to each family a different section and try to optimize manually the columns.

I know that this can be a "rude" method, but is the only one to take the control of the structure behaviour.

Greetings

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 3 of 5

Hi

You can use geometry optimization and reinforcement optimization. Please find the attached files.

Message 4 of 5

this option is locked for columns as shown on the second picture , Hoshang . 

Message 5 of 5

Hi @Mohammed_Ata

You may also find the latest 'Extend Robot interoperability using 'rcuapi.dll' ' webinar presented by @Romanich interesting for RC column size optimization.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report