Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geometry changes during analysis - model cyclic error - no results

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
robo-bart
478 Views, 5 Replies

Geometry changes during analysis - model cyclic error - no results

Hi,

I really need your help on this one, I've been removing the incoherence on the meshes for this model. I read from the forums that these are the causes for "cyclic error". It's very difficult when this error comes because analysis run just would'nt continue untill I find the solution.

For this case, I tried to align the walls where there are incoherence and then remesh. But after running analysis, I observed that the panel contour definition returned to misalignment. I used the object geometry macro to see this. I believe that should not happen, hence, I appear stuck since the solution I am working on just comes back every time I run analysis.

Attached is the picture of the set of walls im aligning together. Below also is the link to file.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/HbM6_wXY/Epicentre-Model_A_v33.html

Hoping for your help.

Thanks,

Rico

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: robo-bart

model cyclic error - turn off kinematic links in job preferences

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Meshes corected in this file

- no kinematic links,

- no regular mesh

- arc shaped plate - arc should be create as desccrete arc to correcty match bars or as a series on lines

model: http://we.tl/XykBqDNVJQ

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 6
robo-bart
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thank you very much Rafal, I am currently running analysis. I saw in the model you sent that there are  blue crosses on some nodes which I thought were the panel contour points, is this correct?

Also, since I wanted to see how to show them by myself, I tried to open display dialog box, but it won't open!? Could this be a bug?

Message 5 of 6
robo-bart

Hi, display dialog box opens now. It might have just taken long. I am now looking closely to what you've done on the model. Really appreciate your help!
Message 6 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

Thank you very much Rafal, I am currently running analysis. I saw in the model you sent that there are  blue crosses on some nodes

I have changed arcs to polylines (I drew whole panel again)

which I thought were the panel contour points, is this correct?

Yes.

charpoints.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report