cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Perfomance

General Perfomance

Working on my last project (it's an concrete structure, about 150 000 nodes and 170 000 FE-s) I was extremely annoyed by Robot Str 2013 general performance. For example, changing an load value is operation with time consumption not less that half of minute  on quite modern hardware (core i7 etc.). Changing values in tables is not much quicker...

I understand that you can recommend to use diaphagms instead shell etc, but in general - performance of Robot is not the best one, I can say the worst one. Now it is 2013 year and yes, sometimes we have to analyse and calculate models with more than 3 bars...

Here I do not speak of calculating time, meshing time - it's only problem of general performance, for example, changing load values in large scale models. So, my Idea is to optimize code (I'm fully understand that it can take a lot of time) to make Robot works much quicker. 

2 Comments
Mirko.Jurcevic
Collaborator

I agree, slow performance is one of the biggest problems with Robot. Many of our clients complain about that and often they point out competitive software with much much better performance (on the same and/or even older computers).

Please, do something about this.

Also, it is very complicated to learn and use, but that's a discussion for itself.

philip.s
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support
prior status deleted, setting to default

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report