Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free End Cable Analysis

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kranic24
214 Views, 1 Reply

Free End Cable Analysis

Hello. I have a free cable only attached at the top. I want to know how much the cable will deflect once it reaches equilibrium. Right now, the model is returning a very high deflection amount that does not appear correct.

To me, the weight of the cable should counter the uniform load more as the cable deflects. Is Robot able to account for this?

I have attached the model. The left indicates the result if it were attached both top and bottom. The right image indicates my actual condtion where the bottom is free while the top is fixed.

Your help is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: kranic24

Robot is not capable of running a model that is unstable e.g.  a bar / cable with one pinned  (cable cannot work a s a cantilever) support only. Similar for e.g. a retaining wall with soil pressure from both sides. The equilibrium analysis type is not supported.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report