Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foundation results windows

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
dimogrec
1063 Views, 9 Replies

Foundation results windows

1) Sometimes when switching from one window to an other the upper selction tab disappears (see image 1).In that case I  use window->add view-> foundation... but it's not as "handy" as the top tab. Any idea how to restore it?

2) Also sometimes I lose the results table with the combinations table and global coefficients (under the plan and section of the footings see image 1). I can't restore it by selecting window->add view->foundation results. Any idea?

3) Sometimes footing appear, when defined, instead of supports under the columns and sometimes not (see image 2). To be more precise, if that helps, I define some footings, I calculate them and everything works fine, then I save the file, I close RSA, then I restart it and when I add a footing it doesn't appear. Then I save the project, I shut off the software, then restart it and there's a big chance (not always) to see the footing under the column..

Ok Idon't really care much about the situation 3) but it would be nice solving 1 and specially 2.

Does any other user have these problems?

This happens to me in general, not only in a specific file

For the history RSA14 27.0.5.4679 x64 Win7 64 SP1

thanks in advance

FOUND_PROV_REINF.jpg

foundation_footings.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
HoshangMustafa
in reply to: dimogrec

Hi

1) Sometimes when switching from one window to an other the upper selction tab disappears (see image 1).In that case I  use window->add view-> foundation... but it's not as "handy" as the top tab. Any idea how to restore it?

Use Toole>> Customize>> Open Layouts from Template

Message 3 of 10
HoshangMustafa

Hi

3) Sometimes footing appear, when defined, instead of supports under the columns and sometimes not (see image 2). To be more precise, if that helps, I define some footings, I calculate them and everything works fine, then I save the file, I close RSA, then I restart it and when I add a footing it doesn't appear. Then I save the project, I shut off the software, then restart it and there's a big chance (not always) to see the footing under the column..

Use Display>> Structure>> Support shapes. Check the checkbox.

Message 4 of 10
dimogrec
in reply to: HoshangMustafa

Thank you very much Hoshang. 1) is resolved thanks to your advise and I could say also 2) in the same way.

3) doesn't work. As you can see in image 2 support shapes are already shown but only in some footings.

Did you (or any other user) also notice these situtations?

Message 5 of 10

2) Use Tools>> Customize>> Open Layouts from Template

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 10
dimogrec
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks

Message 7 of 10
dimogrec

I'd like to know also why can't I see the reinforcement spacing of the layers of a footing in reinforcement summary table? Is there a way to see that spacing?

Message 8 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda

In Note only.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 10

Hi Rafal,

I'm having the exact same problem as the user who created this question.

It's missing the results dialog box (topic 2) in this question).

When I use your solution, the screen just went like that (attached image) and nothing else happens:

Capturar.PNG

Could you please give me a solution?

thanks

Message 10 of 10

clear windows %temp% folder
clear robot cfgusr folder
c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2016\CfgUsr\

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report