Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

foundation - calculation option set

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
hilda08
1067 Views, 23 Replies

foundation - calculation option set

i'm working on the foundation, but can't find the calculation option set window. can you please tell me where to find it?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: hilda08

All the dialogs intended for setting the design parameters (applies to all RC Design modules) are accessible via icons that are by default displayed on the right hand side of the Robot screen.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 24
hilda08

Thanks!

In the Foundation Load window, should the values be automatically due to the combinations selected earlier or should i find the values? 

Message 4 of 24
Artur.Kosakowski

Assuming that you imported them from the model they are listed in the load table (RC Element > Load table).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 24
hilda08
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

yes i did, but all the values are zero ? 

Message 6 of 24
Artur.Kosakowski

Please check values of reactions in the node you imported for the cases you selected  to be imported. Are they 0s as well?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 24
hilda08

i dont know how to do that...

Message 8 of 24
Artur.Kosakowski

Hmm.. Smiley Happy

Please send me the file and indicate which node you want to design the foundation for and which load cases you intend to import.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 24
hilda08

im trying to do it for all the nodes...

thank you 

Message 10 of 24
Artur.Kosakowski

Hilda,

You cannot change the model type as you wish. The change is possible only from a simpler type to a more general one e.g. from 3D Frame to Shell but not vice versa. The model you created has to be calculated as the shell as you defined panels in it. You should use Geometry > Structure type to change the model type to the shell and then run calculations and export nodes to the RC Spread Footing module again.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 24
hilda08

im so sorry. i tryed it, but i still dont get it Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 24
hilda08

i got the numbers in the RC Element -> load table window but not in the foundation load window now. 

Message 13 of 24
Artur.Kosakowski

Press the indicated button. The default mode of this dialog is intended for adding new loads rather than browsing through the already existing ones.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 14 of 24
hilda08

thank you! it worked finally Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 24
hilda08

hi again, 

i got this problem again but this time i cant press the bottum you wanted me to last time. what should i do?

Message 16 of 24
Artur.Kosakowski

Could you illustrate the problem on the screen capture as well as describe what you would like to do please? I have to correctly understand the situation in order to try to help. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 17 of 24
hilda08

Suddenly th N forc popped up. 🙂 but the Fx force and My is still missing. In the load table there is no number what so ever.

Message 18 of 24
Artur.Kosakowski

As you selected a continuous footing the choice of forces is limited to the ones that act in the perpendicular direction only.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 19 of 24
hilda08

but why did it work when i tried it earlier in the same model?

Message 20 of 24
Artur.Kosakowski

You used the other type of the foundation. You have the choice and you can decide what kind of the foundation you want to design:

1. Spread footing (under a column)

2. Continuous footing (under a wall)

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report