Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
davidgholmes
499 Views, 6 Replies

Forces in Walls

Hello!

I am modelling a structure in 3D and would like to check the forces in the core walls. Normally, you can simply look at the reactions, but I am supporting the walls on a raft foundation. Is there a way of checking the load under the wall being transmitted to the raft?

Thanks

David

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Try to look at the reduced results for panels or panel cuts.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7

Ok, thanks.

Not sure how you can extract the axial force below the wall though?

Message 4 of 7

TRy.PNG

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSAPRO/2014/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-3936FDA3-5DFD-4F31-B16A-F0208A451282.htm

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Artur,

I can get the tabulated reduced results for the panels, but is there a way to display these grapically so I know where the different values correspond to?

Message 6 of 7

Please check http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Redused-results-for-panels-vs-Core-walls/m-p... (message 10). Use Panel cuts - reduced forces.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7

Just to make sure I answered the right question: if by the axial force you mean the vertical one then in a wall then it is NRx. If you mean the axial in the wall foundation (horizontal along the the wall) then it is TRy. 

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report