Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force in point to slab (one-way)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
juho.nopanen
717 Views, 6 Replies

Force in point to slab (one-way)

Hi!

I'm trying to apply the wind load as a force in point to slab (one-way). When I have applied the force and calculate the model again comes the error "The load has not been distributed correctly-there are no objects or elements carrying the load overlap.". Error came when I applied the wind load. Before that everything was ok. What's wrong?

Here is the pic below.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tony.ridley
in reply to: juho.nopanen

I think the definition of one way slab is geometric distribution of load, and not finite element?  So the panel does not know how to "host" this load.  

Message 3 of 7
juho.nopanen
in reply to: tony.ridley

Did you mean like this? When I do it like that then it doesn't show load distribution regions anymore and not sure how that change did affect to load distributions.

EDIT: And it still don't show any Fy reactions but Fx reactions looks ok.

Message 4 of 7
juho.nopanen

Have I understood correctly that if I want to see how horizontal loads are distributed to walls then I should change floors's calculation model to something else (not deck slab one-way)? And at least then when I'm analysing vertical loads distributions then claculation model must be deck slab one way so that loads are distributed correctly for each wall. Is there any way how to apply that wind load for one way deck slabs so that as well as horizontal and vertical loads are distributed correctly for each wall?

Message 5 of 7
Mohammed_Ata

i have just modeled it as a point force on a slab and analyse correctly .I don't know what's wrong with you.

I understood that you want to define wind load on a story , didn't i ? 

if you want to define wind loads , define claddings on the side area of the story and apply surface load on them (wind intensity) .

Message 6 of 7

Have I understood correctly that if I want to see how horizontal loads are distributed to walls then I should change floors's calculation model to something else (not deck slab one-way)? And at least then when I'm analysing vertical loads distributions then claculation model must be deck slab one way so that loads are distributed correctly for each wall. Is there any way how to apply that wind load for one way deck slabs so that as well as horizontal and vertical loads are distributed correctly for each wall?

Perhaps you can try the following to make this task easier for you:

1. Define a dummy beams (with small cross sections) at the edges of the slabs

2. Apply linear loads (wind) to these beams

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7
Mohammed_Ata

Defining beams results in straining actions on beams !

You can define this load as ( line load on surface )

as here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Line-Load-on-a-Surface-area/td-p/4984220

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report