Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Footfall Analysis

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
GabrieleNovembri1027
4997 Views, 11 Replies

Footfall Analysis

hello,
has anyone ever tried to do analysis a footfall with Robot?.
I always get the same error (see attached image). Anyone know where I can find a tutorial?
thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

@GabrieleNovembri1027 wrote:

hello,
has anyone ever tried to do analysis a footfall with Robot?.
I always get the same error (see attached image). Anyone know where I can find a tutorial?
thanks

I'm attaching a document with an example of such analysis. I hope you find it useful. Mind that you should set the solver type as Automatic as the Multithreaded one is not available for this kind of analysis.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 12

Hi,
thanks for the material and very useful information. I'm doing some tests and I noticed some problems. (see attached picture) The problem appears to be related to 64-Bit Version. Do you know if the result is correct despite the error?

Thanks

Message 4 of 12

Hi,
thanks for the material and very useful information. I'm doing some tests and I noticed some problems. (see attached picture) The problem appears to be related to 64-Bit Version. Do you know if the result is correct despite the error?

Thanks

I assume this is the consequence of the parameters you set rather than the error. I think that the only active mass direction is  Z which means you cannot have the results for disabled X and Y.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 12

hi,
I agree with you but I think it would be more useful to have a value of zero rather than -1, j #
thanks

Message 6 of 12

hi,
I agree with you but I think it would be more useful to have a value of zero rather than -1, j #
thanks

I agree that 0s will look better (not sure if in this case they are of any use anyway Smiley Happy). I will discuss such change with the developers.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 12

hi,
thanks

I agree that 0s will look better (not sure if in this case they are of any use anyway Smiley Happy). I will discuss such change with the developers.

In v.2013 this should be displayed as N/A (not available).

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 12

Great ArturSmiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 12

Hello,

Would anyone know from which part of BS 5400 the limit response factor of R<64   for footbridges is taken?  Can not find it in any BS5400 I have.

Thank you in advance

Message 10 of 12
Calum_Scott
in reply to: vmorkunas

A basic question likely solved by a simple answer as I am a complete novice with RSA...

...how do you ensure the self weight of the structure, plus additional dead loads and a percentage of the live load are taken account of in the footfall analysis?

I am modelling a floor plate with 7 x 4 bays in accordance with the SCI P354 guide.

Message 11 of 12
Calum_Scott
in reply to: vmorkunas

I've just seen this in the Concrete Centre guide to vibration on page 20:

Message 12 of 12
Calum_Scott
in reply to: Calum_Scott

Can somebody confirm that by carrying out a self-excitation footfall analysis on RSA is equivalent to assessing a floorplate for continuous vibration? Also, can it be confirmed that, by isolating an area of floorplate as a corridor to assess the implication on adjacent rooms (receptor nodes) and adopting full excitation is equivalent to the VDV approach in SCI P354?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report