Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fondation Beam

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mjoflor
395 Views, 4 Replies

Fondation Beam

Hi , wheni modelling a fundation beam, it is necessary keep the support  in the columns or had to delete it????

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: mjoflor

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. If you think about a model then you should remove vertical supports at bottoms of columns if they 'stand' on the ground beam (elastic soil applied). For the RC design module the difference will be in the arrangement of stirrups as shown on the attached picture.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
mjoflor
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

ok but if i delete the supports and let only de foundation beam with the elastic soil applied ,and made a verificacion appears a warning "no support" ????????

Message 4 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: mjoflor

Indeed as the elastic soil definition is not a support type object the verification gives such message however knowing that you have supported a model correctly (mind the horizontal direction as well) you can ignore it.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5
mjoflor
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Ok thanks for your help 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report