Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floors (shell) - Make load distribution visible

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
AlexDT
708 Views, 2 Replies

Floors (shell) - Make load distribution visible

Is there a way to make the distribution of the loads on a floor visible through colors (like is done with claddings)?

What I want to know is: How is RSA distribution the loads on floor with 2 fields.

_____________________________ (<- Floor with 3 supports)
ABC 

What does support B bear?

1) RB = 1/2 x L(AB) + 1/2 x L(BC) (and (RA = 1/2 x L(AB)))

2) RB = (1/2 x L(AB) + 1/2 x L(BC))x1,1 (and (RA = 1/2 x L(AB))x0,9)

Hope it is clear what I mean!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: AlexDT

Alex,

I assume you refer to distribution done by means of surface elements (mesh). In such case there is no tributary area assigned to a supporting object, the load transfer is the function of the stifness of elements of the model and it cannot be displayed as colored surface.

See also: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/RC-slab-supported-on-beams-vs-direct-support...

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3
AlexDT
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Its not really important for me that is being colored. I want to understan how it is distributed better. That it takes in account the stiffness is what I needed to know haha.

I made a little setup to confirm this. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report