Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
2much4any1
2275 Views, 3 Replies

Flat Slabs

I'm trying to design flat slab, but diagrams of internal forces (M,T,N) seem to be wrong.

It's been used the following:

- rigid nodal supports instead of columns,

- mesh element size is 0,2m,

- gravity load 5,0kN/m2,

- span 5,0m (both directions)

- slab thickness 200mm

Near edge support there is a unusual moment diagram.

How can I get "real" values for design?

Document2.jpg

Thank you ...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSA/2013/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-E4E8BE33-DCD2-4343-824C-447A1AB5ECA0.htm?highl...

reduction.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
rsousa_
in reply to: 2much4any1

I think it would be usefull if you read annex I of EN 1992-1-1, that deals with Analysis of flat slabs and shear walls.

In elastic analysis (what you are doing in ROBOT), the negative moments tend to concentrate in the centre of columns.

For design purpose, you should get total moments and then divide between the strips... (or make panel cuts in those strips and get the integral value, that gives the total elastic moment in that strip)...

in my opinion, you shouldn't design with the diagram you showed, because it will give an unrealistic steel arrangement.

Best regards 

Message 4 of 4
2much4any1
in reply to: 2much4any1

Thank you for replies..

Yes, I know that I can't use those moments and that I have to divide into strips, but exactly how get design value?
That's the question..
I'm trying to do one example from the book according DIN 1045-1 but I can't get book values.

DIN 1045-1 Beispiele zur Bemessung Band-1 Hochbau.jpg

Bab87 Tom 2-prilozi.jpg

2.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report