Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat Slab Which moments To Use On A Panel Cut

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
muchokinjima
1143 Views, 2 Replies

Flat Slab Which moments To Use On A Panel Cut

Hi, just finished modelling and got results maps for the analysis. I'd like to take some panel cuts on the most stressed parts of the slab so as to determine the integral value of the moments and do my design elsewhere but I dont know what moments to use in the panel cuts that are perpendicular to and tangetial to the arcs at the column point. In the lower part of the slab its straight forward since the grids are in the x-x and y-y direction, but in the upper part where the slab grid is an an arc I can't determine what moments to use. Panel cut directions are as shown in the last screen shot in magenta

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Assuming that you would like to see the moments as for beams that follow the cut lines you indicated you should set the Directions of results in the direction of the cut using Cartesian > According to vector and then display Mxx (the same way as for maps) or set Direction according to the local direction of the cut and display Myy.

M1 and M2 are not influenced by selected direction and are displayed in the direction of principal stresses.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3
muchokinjima
in reply to: muchokinjima

Thanks a lot, seems my answer was just in front of me all those weeks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report