Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat Slab Deflection

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
grillo05
850 Views, 4 Replies

Flat Slab Deflection

When  I look at the deflection in a slab the box dialogue show active deformation. Does it mean  long term deflection - instantaneous SW deflection. I have seen the option to reduce the Inertia of the section and ACI recommend to use a factor 0.25 for Slabs, is this to estimate the crack effect? , Should I also use a reduced E modulus for the concrete to take into account the lost of strength or applying that coefficient is enough?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
grillo05
in reply to: grillo05

Hello,

I am designing a RC slab and I would like to know which deflection is showed in the tab Deformations/Active, is instant deflection or long term deflection?

Message 3 of 5
tony.ridley

my guess is instant
Message 4 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

The elastic one as you display the results of static analysis of the model rather then cracked deflection. The latter (which is the final one) can be displayed on the SLS tab of the Reinforcement map dialog instead.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda

This is map for elastic \ FEM calulated deflections. To have "cracked" deflection you have to modify E or Iy

or run RC design and look at map here:

rcdefl.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report