Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FE model of circular hollow section bar joint with API

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
570 Views, 1 Reply

FE model of circular hollow section bar joint with API

Hello,

I am trying to model a 3D welded joint of circular hollow sections with FE in Robot like the following:

CHS node 6 bars.PNG

I was hoping to do it through API to make it parametrical because I have several cases with different angles.

I have seen an example of Silo generation in the SDK folder, but it doesn't deal with intersection and union of objects. Do you have any examples of that?

Thanks!

V.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rwemay
in reply to: Anonymous

In my experience, it may be difficult to do this fully parametrically - as you suggest I think creating the intersections will be difficult.

If you have a piece of software that will generate the geometry outside of Robot in SAT file format (for example Rhino) that you can drive parametrically (for example Grasshopper) you can use the API to generate the SAT geometry (or manually save it out).

I must say, though, that I have not fully exhausted the cylinder generation and intersection tools using the API.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report