Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exact deformation for bars

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
PatrickEC
2180 Views, 6 Replies

Exact deformation for bars

Is it possible to display Exact deformation for bars in a table or access via the API?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: PatrickEC

What do you mean by that?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 7
PatrickEC
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

When you go to diagrams you can chose either Deformation of Exact deformation for bars. The values in the Displacements table correspond to the Deformation diagram. I need to access the values corresponding to the Exact deformation for bars diagram.

Message 4 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: PatrickEC

• Deformation - When selected, structures deformed under loads are displayed. To construct a deformed shape of a structure, the displacements and nodal rotations are considered and third order polynomials (the Hermit polynomial) are used.
  • Exact deformation - When selected, structures deformed under loads are displayed. The exact deformation can be displayed only for bar structures. To construct the exact structuredeformation, the displacements, nodal rotations as well as the internal forces caused by external loads are considered.

This is for display only. Exact results are always presented in tables.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda

or you are looking for this:

exactdef.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda

or check "U-Total"

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 7
PatrickEC

After your comment, I double-checked and the values in tables are indeed exact. I must have done a mistake that led me to think otherwise. Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report