Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error - no material

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
2247 Views, 13 Replies

error - no material

Hello,

I got the error from Robot(see attached picture) - no material for one panel. But the material for this panel is defined(see attached picture) So, what is a problem?

Also I got the warning, that load has not been distributed correctly. After I pushed on this warning, Robot marked all the claddings. So, as I understand, the loads from all the cladings distributed not correctly. But from the picture( see attachment), it looks okey. In the model i have only one clading without generated loads(from other side of the building) So, why all claddings are marked? and why one cladding doesn't have any loads?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

File please,

Screen shots please.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

sorry

Message 4 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda

no material - run model generation

load distribution - roobt file please.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

@Rafal.Gaweda wrote:

no material - run model generation

load distribution - roobt file please.

I always thought that when I run calculation, model generation run together automatically. 

Rafal.Gaweda, the model attached in my previous tpoic 'load combinations according russian codes'. There I had the same problem with load distribution from claddings.

Message 6 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda

I always thought that when I run calculation, model generation run together automatically. 

Yes. But on your screen capture resulst are "out of date" so I do not know what you have done  before. Maybe just only local meshing

I will check the file. Have you updated your robot with SP2? 

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

no, i only changed the size of FE for slab(from 1m to 0,5m), to compare the difference of natural frequencies with differenent mesh size.

no, I didn't update it. i'll do it right now.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

no, i was mistaken. service pack 2 was already installed.

Message 9 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda

I do not see any problem.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Time-to-generate-mesh/m-p/4397001#M16591

remeber - local mesh generation generates meshes only ; it does not apply any property from panel to FEs.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

so, you didn't get any warnings about load distribution? 

on my computer meshing takes about half of our. computer is really fast. any suggestions what is my problem? may be I need to reinstall robot?

Message 11 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda

so, you didn't get any warnings about load distribution? 

I have forgotten to check it 😞

on my computer meshing takes about half of our. computer is really fast. any suggestions what is my problem? may be I need to reinstall robot?

Meshing time = time of meshing when you run Local Mesh Generation for ALL panels

times of different processes after pressing Run Calculation button (on model without meshes) till starting real caclualtions :

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Time-to-generate-mesh/m-p/4397001#M16591

Rafal Gaweda
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

ok, I understood.

Rafal , please, can you check the warning about load distribution on claddings. From horizontal reactions it looks that wind loads applied correctly, but anyway it would be great to start to design the elements without such warnings.

Message 13 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda

Just not correct verification check.

Need to be corrected by us.

Thx.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

I had the same problem and I solve it a different way if it could help:

The material was "disconnected" even if the software says that the panel have a material.

I solve it by overwriting the panel name, and applying again the material and the thickness. (with the exact same name)

Hope it is clear and could help you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report