Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message in reinforcement designer

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Jesper.Jensen
459 Views, 7 Replies

Error message in reinforcement designer

Hi,

I recieved this error message when running the reinforcement designer in a floor plate model. When I run model verifications there are no problems. Deflections and moments looks fine when reviewing contour maps.

Any idea what this error message means?

Thanks,

Jesper

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Send us model please

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 8

Hi Rafal,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Please use the link below.

http://wtrns.fr/MLmfjn7k4HWYq94

Jesper

Message 4 of 8

It seems it is related to panel thickness 550cm and 700cm. 

If you replace them by 80cm it is ok.

Develepers will have to look at it.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 8

Hi Rafal,

Has someone looked into this as you mentioned?

If you have a look at my attachment, the slab that I'm trying to represent in Robot has a number of steps where a deep beam connects the horisontal slab. This is effectively a wall, but in Robot I have to model the FE panels in the same plane (right) and therefore I have to model them as a slab with a very high structural depth.

When I display my moments the results look OK. The problem only occur when I try to use the reinforcement designer. Is this because the reinforcement designer is only usable up to a certain slab depth? In that case how deep slabs is it ok for?

Thanks,

Jesper

Message 6 of 8

Jesper

If you have a look at my attachment, the slab that I'm trying to represent in Robot has a number of steps where a deep beam connects the horisontal slab. This is effectively a wall, but in Robot I have to model the FE panels in the same plane (right) and therefore I have to model them as a slab with a very high structural depth.

From plate and shell theory this panel should be defined as a solid.

When I display my moments the results look OK. The problem only occur when I try to use the reinforcement designer. Is this because the reinforcement designer is only usable up to a certain slab depth?

No, there is no such limitation in program but developers have to look at the program code to find the reason.

My guess for your reinforcement -> most likely you will get min reinforcement everywhere in these thick slabs.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 8

Hi Rafal,

Why would it have to be solids and not just am FE wall?

Do you have any illustrations of how a FE slab of floor panels is joined/connected with a wall using solids?

Thanks in advance,

Jesper

Message 8 of 8

Jesper

Why would it have to be solids and not just am FE wall?

I said "should".

This is the theory for Robot FEs : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_theory#Kirchhoff.E2.80.93Love_theory_for_thin_plates

Do you have any illustrations of how a FE slab of floor panels is joined/connected with a wall using solids?

If you want to run RC design on this object leave it as panel \ shell. There is no significant bending in it.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report