Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message in reinforcement designer

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
481 Views, 7 Replies

Error message in reinforcement designer

Hi,

I recieved this error message when running the reinforcement designer in a floor plate model. When I run model verifications there are no problems. Deflections and moments looks fine when reviewing contour maps.

Any idea what this error message means?

Thanks,

Jesper

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Send us model please

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi Rafal,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Please use the link below.

http://wtrns.fr/MLmfjn7k4HWYq94

Jesper

Message 4 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

It seems it is related to panel thickness 550cm and 700cm. 

If you replace them by 80cm it is ok.

Develepers will have to look at it.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Rafal,

Has someone looked into this as you mentioned?

If you have a look at my attachment, the slab that I'm trying to represent in Robot has a number of steps where a deep beam connects the horisontal slab. This is effectively a wall, but in Robot I have to model the FE panels in the same plane (right) and therefore I have to model them as a slab with a very high structural depth.

When I display my moments the results look OK. The problem only occur when I try to use the reinforcement designer. Is this because the reinforcement designer is only usable up to a certain slab depth? In that case how deep slabs is it ok for?

Thanks,

Jesper

Message 6 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

Jesper

If you have a look at my attachment, the slab that I'm trying to represent in Robot has a number of steps where a deep beam connects the horisontal slab. This is effectively a wall, but in Robot I have to model the FE panels in the same plane (right) and therefore I have to model them as a slab with a very high structural depth.

From plate and shell theory this panel should be defined as a solid.

When I display my moments the results look OK. The problem only occur when I try to use the reinforcement designer. Is this because the reinforcement designer is only usable up to a certain slab depth?

No, there is no such limitation in program but developers have to look at the program code to find the reason.

My guess for your reinforcement -> most likely you will get min reinforcement everywhere in these thick slabs.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Rafal,

Why would it have to be solids and not just am FE wall?

Do you have any illustrations of how a FE slab of floor panels is joined/connected with a wall using solids?

Thanks in advance,

Jesper

Message 8 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

Jesper

Why would it have to be solids and not just am FE wall?

I said "should".

This is the theory for Robot FEs : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_theory#Kirchhoff.E2.80.93Love_theory_for_thin_plates

Do you have any illustrations of how a FE slab of floor panels is joined/connected with a wall using solids?

If you want to run RC design on this object leave it as panel \ shell. There is no significant bending in it.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report