Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edit / substructure modification

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
kope
579 Views, 11 Replies

edit / substructure modification

Cannot find the help on this one.

I'm trying to merge several short bars into a single superelement (or macroelement - dont know the exact robot nomenclature) for code checking convenience.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: kope

We call it supermember

Example:

superm.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 12
kope
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

thanks!

Are there any help references for "edit --> substructure modification --> group object" function, what does it do?

Message 4 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

Florin,

It does not bite 🙂
Use it to see.
It creates kind of graphical group - box with selected elements.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 12
kope
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

true 🙂 I noticed that it merges somehow the selected objects - but i couldnt figure out what would be the purpose of doing so. 

i see the reason behind the supermember and grouping out of a selection for similar structural types. 

As for this one, my first thought was that this function would create that supermember, but since something else is doing it...

Message 6 of 12
Rokas.Varanauskas

is there any other way to define supermembers / suerbars / superelements without using Definition dialog box? I have a structure which requires a large number of supermembers to be created and it would be much easier to do it through a table or in similar way.

Please let me know if the above does not make much sense - I will try to explain in more sensible way.

Thanks

Message 7 of 12
kope
in reply to: Rokas.Varanauskas

guess there's no other effective way except for carefull planning of your model beforehand. (i.e. define your members with desired length and then

let robot add the internal nodes for the framing in elements)

Message 8 of 12
Rokas.Varanauskas

I agree, but most of the time I'm forced to use model built by someone else to perform design checks, so I'm not in control of the initial modelling. This is the main reason for my question above.

thanks anyway
Message 9 of 12
kope
in reply to: Rokas.Varanauskas

yeah, I know what you meant... but other than using that dialog window for adding members into a single superelement...

cheers

florin

Message 10 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski

The request for having the Edit tabs in the Member and Code groups definition table has been added to the wish list.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Thanks Rafal! you just made my day!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums