Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EC7 - Geotechnical combinations

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
MARIOS75
1038 Views, 5 Replies

EC7 - Geotechnical combinations

I'm quoting a post from a member of the augi forum regarding geotechical checks with robot.

"i've noticed that rsap2011 for footing design does not run any analysis checks for capacity/contact surface/ stability for sliding etc for the seismic (or accidental) combinations.
Is there any implementation lack of the most recent eurocode7 version (en1997-1: 2008 )?
and what is the solution to this major issue?"

Is there any workaround for this issue.?

Maybe some modification of the file that contains the  geotechnical combinations?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MARIOS75
in reply to: MARIOS75

Any advice on this issue?

How can we include ACC combinations into the geotechnical checks?

Message 3 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: MARIOS75

These check are performed for SLS combinations.

If you want to use ACCidental \ SEISmic combinations for these checks you have to change their State onto SLS in rc footing module. (After importing supporting node to rc module, go to RC Element pull down menu \ Load table and then change State.)

Take a look at attached screen shot.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 6
MARIOS75
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Rafal,

thank you very much for the response. What you propose  is a solution to the problem .

I wonder if there is some way to modify the file containing the geotechnical combinations in order to avoid this manual procedure.

Message 5 of 6
Moved:

We split your post in to its own topic in the Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis forum where there is likely to be more active feedback on the topic.

Message 6 of 6
jneves1990
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Rafal,

@Rafal.Gaweda wrote:

These check are performed for SLS combinations.

If you want to use ACCidental \ SEISmic combinations for these checks you have to change their State onto SLS in rc footing module. (After importing supporting node to rc module, go to RC Element pull down menu \ Load table and then change State.)

Take a look at attached screen shot.

I apologize for returning to this old post but there's something that bothers me. 

You said GEO combinations are the same as SLS combinations and I beliebe that is not true.

For permanent actions the multiplier for favourable and unfavourable actions is indeed 1.00; however for variable actions this multiplier is 1.30 for unfavourable actions, which is not the case for SLS combinations.

Thus, I do believe the solution - if you're not using automatic combinations - is for robot to allow an Analysis type codenamed "GEO".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report