Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EC2 Ratio of Long Term to Short Term Loads

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
esuffk
372 Views, 4 Replies

EC2 Ratio of Long Term to Short Term Loads

Hi,

In 8110 SLS caulculations there was the ability to place a factor on percentage of long term to variable loads. 

IS this available in the SLS parameters? if not how does ROBOT calculate the difference between permanent and quasi permanent live loads etc? 

Many Thanks

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: esuffk

for RC slabs

bssls.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 5
t.sautierr
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Oh Rafal, Does this answer to my topic : 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Detrimental-deflection/td-p/3947050

to have the detrimental deflection I need to design the slab with this ratio, update the stiffness, adjust reinforcement?

Thx

Message 4 of 5
esuffk
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes I am aware of the 8110 method of long term to short tem deflections.  However is there a similar method for EC2? or do I have to go via the automatic combination route to get a representative code compliant deflection?

Regards

Message 5 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: esuffk

Yes I am aware of the 8110 method of long term to short tem deflections.  However is there a similar method for EC2? 

Yes it is similar but not exactly the same. You should compare codes to find differences

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report