Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Loads and Isolated Pads

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
AJA14
215 Views, 0 Replies

Dynamic Loads and Isolated Pads

Hi Guys. It's been quite some time since my last post. Anyways, I hope to get your assistance in this matter. 

I have equipment that will be inducing dynamic loads on the foundation. I have two issues to consider. 

1- Application of dynamic loads. For this I will use time history analysis. The force is in the order of magnitude of 20 KN and the frequency is in the range of 3 Hz. The mass is around 1100 kg. I beleive these should be enough but I do have a concern. The machine is tied in three different location to the ground footing. 

Should I tie all these nodes to a central master node and apply the dynamic load to that node?

2- It is requested to isolate the footing from the grade slab. We will be providing recessed grade slab, provide neoprene or flexel around the recess, and place the machine plinth. How would one model such a thing (if possible) in robot. I hope to have clarified enough. See attachment for image. 

Thanks. 

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report