Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Analysis Results table explanation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
arailosotenet_gr
636 Views, 4 Replies

Dynamic Analysis Results table explanation

As you can see in the attached image in the Dynamic Analysis Results table I don't get more than 90% mass participation in the X direction even though I have defined 10 modes...Do I need to define more modes in order to reach prefered percentage?

Could you please explain what do the titles Rel.mas(%) and Cur.mas(%) of the colums in the DynamicAnalysisResult table mean?

Additionally,I might haven't understood what exactly "sturm check" and "disregard density" do....Please explain in a few words...

Moreover why do I get this notification in steel analysis?

Notification.png

Thanks in advance...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Cur mass is current mass that is participating at each mode.

Rel mass is the cumulative mass added bit by bit from each mode that needs to hit 90% (or whatever number for code requirement).  

The steel design message means the angle has not been checked about the weakest axis, but about the principle axis (which depending on the actual geometry may not be possible)

Message 3 of 5

Moreover why do I get this notification in steel analysis?

Notification.png

In addition to Tony's answer (thank you Tony Smiley Happy)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Buckling-equal-angles/m-p/3399339

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 5

Thank you guys,

what about "sturm check" and "disregard density" in modal parameters?

Message 5 of 5

what about "sturm check" and "disregard density" in modal parameters?

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSA/2013/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-AD28B8C7-F614-4A51-9A8B-2E1FA66D13F6.htm

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report