Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displacements stories

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
664 Views, 3 Replies

Displacements stories

Is the displacments i the stories tabel UX/UY the displacement of the gravity center?

Are the dx/dy value  for the i'th flor the differense between the the i'the flore in x/y dir.  and the i-1 flor. eg. [d=(ui)-(ui-1)]  

Are the displacments multiplied with the q when i have not spessified one.. eg. q=1,5

And are the redused forces the sum of all forces in a storie redused to the gravity center?

best regards

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Please check :

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSA/2013/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-890C3B44-F7EE-4BB1-8C39-19F445B5B94E.htm?highl...

and let me know if anything needs any further explanation.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I have had a look at it, and i am wondering about the Ux and UY

The max Ux and Uy ar det maximum dispacments in X and Y- dir,

the Drift of storries ar det diffrenses in displacements of the sumsecent storries

But are the Ux and Uy calculated in the same matter as the UxF as stated in the link you gave me.

ore are they calculated as the sum of the dispacemets divided by the number of calculation points?

best reggards

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Story Drift is calculated basing on UF value, averaged floor displacement UX or UY , which is weighted by the elements mass as UX = SUM(i) (UXi * Wi) / SUM(i) Wi

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report