Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displacements - Maps

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
veronica.revilla
375 Views, 7 Replies

Displacements - Maps

Hi,

Just a quick question. Can you confirm whether the standard "Results - Maps - Displacements" values calculated by RSA for panel objects are for the long term case as per clause 7.4.3(3) of EC2, using a factored value between  both cracked and uncracked conditions?

Many thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

No, this is option for FEM results.

You are looking for this one:

rcdisplmap.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 8

Hi Rafal,

Thanks for the quick response. Is there a tutorial available anywhere on how to use this particular function?

Message 4 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the information, the guides were very useful.

The method has worked fine for 2 models, but the third I get an "error 5000" message each time I try to run the reinforcement design...

Using exactly the same parameters as the other 2...

Please could you take a look if possible and see if u can find a problem? I get no errors when running the structural analysis..

It is quite a large file (256MB) what is the best way to send it??

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
Message 7 of 8

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/81c37076577327fb2f8e671c25c0d4f420131024065514/74abb0b4f5458ae6...

Not bothered about ULS design. Just want to run SLS design using Case 216 for both Cracking and Deflections.

Please let me know if you are getting the same problems when reinforcement calculation is run...

Thanks.

Message 8 of 8

Veronica,

Maybe it is not explicitly written anywhere but SLS design uses ULS reinforcement (checks it \ increases it if required). So running design specifying only SLS may give you wrong results or such kind of error.

(!)For example(!) activate case 101, calculate model and run design as shown below

bsensls.jpg

BTW please update your robot with SP3

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report