Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different loads in a panel with voids

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MarcoPTA
602 Views, 3 Replies

Different loads in a panel with voids

Hi,

I am modelling a building that contains 4 small voids in the middle. I want to apply a load in an area that contains the voids and a different load outside of the middle box and repeat it to all stories above.

1-      I tried to create a new panel in the middle so I can input a different load in that zone but the voids will still belong to the larger panel.

2-      I tried to create a planar load on contour but the load will only be applied at the defined height therefore it won’t repeat to the stories above.

Is there a solution to apply different loads in this particular situation?

Regards,

Marco

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: MarcoPTA

I'm not sure if I understand the description correctly. In general you can create a smaller panel inside the larger one with different properties. You can also define a contour load e.g. above the structure and project the load vertically to selection of panels 'below'.
If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
MarcoPTA

Hi Artur,

Thank you for the reply.

I’ll try to explain this better. I have um panel with a smaller panel inside and inside that smaller panel there are voids/openings. When I “open” the voids and then mesh the structure, there will be nodes inside the openings. For what I understand, the openings still belong to the larger panel and in that sense I can’t mesh it properly, and I can’t apply the different loads that I want.

This kind of floor repeats itself for 30 stories and I can’t find an easy way to input a different loading in the smaller panel (keeping the voids) and make it repeat for the total of stories.

I tried as well to apply the planar load on contour but I think I can only apply to a particular height which means that I would have to repeat this process to every story.

Regards,

Marco

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski

See the attached pictures.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report