Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designing a Masonry Wall

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Athi_uk
5179 Views, 5 Replies

Designing a Masonry Wall

Hi,

Is there anyway to do a masonry design in Robot 2011?

Thanks

Regards,

James

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Athi_uk

I'm sorry but there is no such design module in Robot.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6

Is it possible at least to modeling a brick wall (without design it), which will work without connection with slab and will not participate in bending stiffnes of slab? Just vertikal transfer of loads from above. 

Message 4 of 6

If you want to transfer the load then I think you have to connect it to the slab. Try to make it very thin or reduce its moment of inertia in the same dialog.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6

Hi Artur, how to transfer the load from floor to supported wall (in middle of floor)? and how to define connection between floor and walls? do we need to divide floor into many pieces ? some guy said : release liner in top & bottom of wall, is that solution ok?

Message 6 of 6
Refaat
in reply to: Tuan.nitma

Hi

" how to define connection between floor and walls? "
As a pinned connection ( Linear release - Rx).
 "do we need to divide floor into many pieces ? some guy said : release liner in top & bottom of wall, is that solution ok? "

Yes , you are.

Aslo , you may take a look to these useful links too.

Refaat

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/slab-supported-on-masonry-wall/m-p/5371097#M...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/how-do-i-model-brick-walls-in-robot/m-p/4352...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums