Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

design offshore contaienr

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
benzarti.helmi
1034 Views, 4 Replies

design offshore contaienr

I'm new in using Robot Structural Analasys and I want to design an offshore container in particular offshore basket ( container without roof) 
the dimensions of my basket is 20' x 8' x 5' (6096mm x 2440mm x 1520mm) with a payload = 10 tonnes

I have a diffculty in representing lifting forces ( = 2,5 x 10 tonnes x 9.81) and in dimensioning the container structure: I have an error message ( erreur de type 3 dans la noeud 12) and in dimensioning the container structure an other error  ( la vérification des barres au déversement n'a pas été effectuée. Ces types de section ne sont pas prises en compte par la norme ou ne nécessitent pas de vérification spécifique au déversement) 

please I need help like I said I'm still not familiar with Robot structural Analysis. thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dean.rose
in reply to: benzarti.helmi

Hello Benzarti,

I have moved this post to the appropriate user section. I hope this brings some attention to your question and aids in assisting you.

Best Regards,

-Dean

Dean Rose
Message 3 of 5

Hello Benzarti,

I dont know what you want to calculate but you need to add support to your structure, see attachment.

Kind regards,
A&I│KWANT
adviseurs & ingenieurs

Dennis van Dijk
Structural engineer
www.ibkwant.nl
Message 4 of 5
bartass6
in reply to: benzarti.helmi

Benzarti,
I believe that your problem is boundary condition for lifting. Try DNV 2.7-1 , Appendix C - it will give you way how to support lifted containers (elasticity of supports). http://www.dnv271containers.com/DNVContainerStandard2-7-1/DNVContainerStandard2-7-1.pdf
Message 5 of 5

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report