Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design of special beams issues

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Tor.Oistein
394 Views, 3 Replies

Design of special beams issues

Hi!

I would like to use a beam like the one in the attached picture. I have created the beam using the special beam section in Robot 2014. How can I evaluate this kind of beam?  I have tried the usual Steel design option but I keep getting the message: "Bars have not been calculated because they are composed of sections not available in the current code". Is there an easy way to evaluate the beam in Robot using a more theoreticly aproach in robot rathar than just Eurocode 1993?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
t.sautierr
in reply to: Tor.Oistein

As far as I know, no. 

For this king of section RSA takes into account only : reduction of internia, reduction of weight, but no local checking like for example Vieerendeel moment, needs of stiffeners etc .....

Message 3 of 4

In the current version of Robot this kind of beams can be design according to the Polish code only.

castellated beam PN.png

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Thank you both for god and informative answers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report