Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definition of local axis of panels in polar system

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
sanjuan100
642 Views, 7 Replies

Definition of local axis of panels in polar system

Hello,

Is it possible to know how I can define the local axis of a series of panels in a polar system?

When I go to the dialog box to define de X axis and do this, it doesn't allow you to choose polar (only Cartesian). Please see attached.

thanks,

sanjuan100

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: sanjuan100

Yes, you are right, not possible.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 8

... but mind that you can set the projection of the results and the direction of reinforcement in such way which I think should help Smiley Wink

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 8

Thanks Rafal, yes that should help.

Two more questions please:

1) Is there a way then of defining the local axis of panels from a polar system? why is the option of polar shown but not available?

2) In your second reply, I think you are referring to Results-Maps-Detailed/Selection of direction? we can't do this for the complex tab can we?

Thanks again,

sanjuan100

Message 5 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

1) Is there a way then of defining the local axis of panels from a polar system?

No. See Artur's answer refering to results presentation

why is the option of polar shown but not available?

Left by mistake

2) In your second reply, I think you are referring to Results-Maps-Detailed/Selection of direction? we can't do this for the complex tab can we?

?????????

No need.

See : http://help.autodesk.com/view/RSAPRO/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-BD23B817-BEE0-4DB2-97AF-2571B877F803

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 8
sanjuan100
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hello,

I was more interested in the results in the complex tab that come after "Forces for calculating reinforcement". Is it possible to obtain these in a polar system? These are the ones I generally use in the design.

thank you,

sanjuan100

Message 7 of 8
sanjuan100

Als, can you please send me the link to Artur's response?

Thank you

Message 8 of 8

I was more interested in the results in the complex tab that come after "Forces for calculating reinforcement". Is it possible to obtain these in a polar system? These are the ones I generally use in the design.

They are displayed according to the direction you selected on the detailed tab.
If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report