Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashed lines for beams

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sergey.churilov
442 Views, 5 Replies

Dashed lines for beams

Hello all,

I have strange problem with the shear stresses Tz on beams of a building I am working on it.

Namely, the shear stresses Tz are calculated as 0.00 for any load case, although there are shear forces Fz acting on the beams.

I noticed that the beams and columns I am inspecting are drawn by dashed lines, whereas other frames are drawn by solid lines (as I expect). The other frame from the same model I am attaching as an example has solid lines for the beams as well as shear stresses calculated.

Is this a problem with the GUI? Is this the problem why there are no shear stresses calculated?

1.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I have strange problem with the shear stresses Tz on beams of a building I am working on it.

Namely, the shear stresses Tz are calculated as 0.00 for any load case, although there are shear forces Fz acting on the beams.

File please.

I noticed that the beams and columns I am inspecting are drawn by dashed lines, w

Turn off Structural Axis display and check

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6

Please find the file on the following link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34831222/Model.zip
Message 4 of 6

Are you sure?

My results:

tz.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6

Yes I am.

Check the stresses for RC beams, not for steel beams.
Message 6 of 6

tz7062.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report