Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Material Properties

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ALJohns
6134 Views, 9 Replies

Custom Material Properties

Hi,

I have created a custom section using Robot 'Section Definition', but since it is a non-standard material, I also want to input custom material properties when i use the section in a frame analysis - is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks

Aaron

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: ALJohns

Create your own material in Tools\ Job Preferences \ Materials, then press Modification button. After filling all data under new material name please press Add.

It may happen that such material is not visible in project immediately. In such case please change layouts or restart ARSA.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 10
Tuctas
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I have done this procedure in the past and it worked fine. Now i cannot find them after i create them!! (they appear right after i create them in the "Job Preferences" window but after that i can't find them...), Please remind me any further trick, except the already mentioned ones (i restarted ARSA as well as i changed the layout) in order to be able to create a new material and to be stored in the material data...

Message 4 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Tuctas

clear cfgusr folder and try again

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 10
Tuctas

O.k, please remind me the path of this folder...

I have saved (and i am using them often) some manually created materials defined in the past: if i clear now the cfgusr am i going to loose all the previously defined ones?  

Message 6 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda

I am loast what yuo have done.

Folders:

Common

Win 7:
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\2015\

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cfgusr (configuration files, RGL files)

Win 7:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2015\CfgUsr\

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
user section databases, material databases, etc.

Win 7:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\2015\

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 10
Tuctas

Thank you with for the path of these folders.

"I am loast what yuo have done" : I have manually created a long time ago some custom materials that i don't want to loose. The problem in which i cannot find what i am creating appeared just now that i am trying to create a new material. I don't have a problem with my previously defined ones -old ones- (i can "find them" and use them), i only have with what i am trying now.

If i will clear the cfgusr folder, will be everything  lost (even those ones that i have created in the past)?

Message 8 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda

User materials update database which is saved \ copied from original Common in
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\2015\

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 10
Nairi85

-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote please, for the good and important idea 🙂

nairisargsyan.com

Message 10 of 10
Tuctas
in reply to: Nairi85

This is not related to the question...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report