Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curve fitting panels & auto update of panel polylines when node positions change

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Opel5
1670 Views, 6 Replies

Curve fitting panels & auto update of panel polylines when node positions change

Morning All!

I'm looking to try and find the most efficient way of resolving the following two problems:

1) Curve fitting panels - Referring to the zipped RTD file attachment, I would like  add a 1.2m radius curved edge to the first "platform" down from the upper platform. The model is made up of nodes, then wrapping polylines around nodes to form the outline for the panels. Is there an option to explode a smooth arc of nodes to form the curved cantilevered platform edge which I can allocate to a SMOOTH curved panel (rather than a panel with jagged edge going from node to node of the arc).

2) Is there a way to auto update panels respective polylines when node positions change. Say for example if the stairs was stretched in 1 direction. Whenever I need to alter a node position I have to delete and re-draw the affected panels polyline, then allocate the panel again. I'm sure there must be a more clever way of going about it!

Any expert suggestions on efficiently solving the above is greatly appreciated 🙂

Thanks,

Scott

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Opel5

1) Please make a sketch that illustrate what you want to achieve

2)  See the attached picture

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7
Opel5
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Artur,

Please refer to the attached PDF sketch.

Thanks,

Scott

Message 4 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

1) Arch

2) What about defining an auxiliary Z axis?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7
Opel5

That's perfect, thanks again Artur!

Message 6 of 7
Opel5

Morning Artur,

I've applied arch change to the mid platform but have been getting the error during verification of: "incoherent mesh on edges". It runs through the calculation stage and builds up the FE mesh but when checking required reinforcement for the curved platform there seems to be no analysis results for this area. I've checked the nodal edges between the curved panel and adjacent panels and there seems to be no gaps. Can you spot what is causing the error please?
Thanks,

Scott

Message 7 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

The model with corrected meshes.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report