Robot Structural Analysis

Product Support
Artur.Kosakowski

Re: Critical moment-zg value

07-12-2012 05:05 AM in reply to: arailos

Step by step:

Case 8/ULS56  (or case 25 you created) and bar 207

Your definition for both gamam angles 0 and 180:

LTB parameters: top flange restrained; bottom flange unrestrained (this is governed by the direction of local Z)

Load level set as top flange meaning load is applied to the flange under compression (does not depend on the local Z direction)

For gamma angle 0 ratio is 1.43. For gamma angle 180 ratio is 0.83

-------------

Suggested definition: for gamma angle 180:

LTB parameters: top flange unrestrained; bottom flange restrained (this is governed by the direction of local Z)

Load level set as top flange meaning load is applied to the flange under compression (does not depend on the local Z direction)

ratio is 1.43 (as expected).

Artur Kosakowski
Please use plain text.
Active Contributor
arailos

07-12-2012 08:16 AM in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you....I confirm you numbers...You're right.

I wasn't paying attention that when rotating the section I have to change the flange that is restrained, rather than looking only the flange that the load is applied on....

Something more please, as now I'm going to have a look at the modal and seismic analysis....

Are there any tutorials or videos or instructions for step by step load to mass conversion - modal - seismic analysis....

Trully grateful...

Please use plain text.
Product Support
Artur.Kosakowski

07-13-2012 12:53 AM in reply to: arailos

Something more please, as now I'm going to have a look at the modal and seismic analysis....

Are there any tutorials or videos or instructions for step by step load to mass conversion - modal - seismic analysis....

Trully grateful...

Please check http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/seismic-loading/m-p/3249356/

Artur Kosakowski
Please use plain text.