Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating superbars

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1912 Views, 4 Replies

Creating superbars

I've looked in the Help but can't find where to do this. How does one create a superbar?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I am creating a concrete beam which will not need to go through Robot verification. I know that for variable (width) concrete beams the method to use is to create the beams as steel members and then later change the beams' material to concrete (as presented in another question I asked). Will this work as well for superbars or are they purely for verification purposes, and therefore if the material is changed to concrete, will be undone?

As well, the dialog didn't do anything for me. I tried binding two collinear steel (W shape) beams, but did not get the superbeam number that is visible in your linked answer after pressing either "OK" or "Save".

Message 4 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

I am creating a concrete beam which will not need to go through Robot verification. I know that for variable (width) concrete beams the method to use is to create the beams as steel members and then later change the beams' material to concrete (as presented in another question I asked). Will this work as well for superbars or are they purely for verification purposes, and therefore if the material is changed to concrete, will be undone?

Superbars can be used in Steel \ Timber design only.

As well, the dialog didn't do anything for me. I tried binding two collinear steel (W shape) beams, but did not get the superbeam number that is visible in your linked answer after pressing either "OK" or "Save".

Is your material kind of steel on these members?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 5
ALEXTHAINESE
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

is their a screencast which show how to create one super bar?

Also could you please highlight some proper usage of these super bars. 

in of your presentation ( see attached ) you mentioned on to use super bars for splitting columns and beams. 

have you used super bars in any of your webinars available on you tube? i could find one...please help 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report