Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREATING A COMPOSITE PANEL (GLASS UNSULADO)

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
arq.rafael.p
1862 Views, 12 Replies

CREATING A COMPOSITE PANEL (GLASS UNSULADO)

PUEDE RESULTAR EN UN PANEL CON DIFERENTES MATERIALES?.

AUNQUE REALISO PANEL Y LE DE MISIONES CARACTERÍSTICAS DE UN VIDRIO, puedo crear un AISLADO QUE SE ESTABLECE UN VIDRIO 6MM + LAMINADO 1MM + UN VASO DE 9MM PARA MENSIONAR un tipo genérico ESTO ES POSIBLE EN ROBOT Y COMO LO QUE PUEDO HACER.

SALUDOS 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Check http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Modeling-complex-walls/m-p/5154790

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 13

After having posted the question, I came across this solution, now you generate a doubt.

The answer you generate me would be an equivalent to the work being developed by the panel.

I ask because, if I am faced with compounds well insulated by elements 6 MM + air space 12.7MM + another element 9 MM. would have to make an equivalence Indica so I, Robot does not allow me to enter the characteristics of each component (dimension and material) and perform an analysis of the 3 components working together, as presented in Revit or Ecotect Analysis.

But of the 3 options you present me:

1. Understand and would be performing an equivalence to assign the material to the required dimensions.

2. If I place the 3 or 2 panels linked rigid braces which would be placed on panel (s).

3. If you indicate as well I work with different thicknesses but not with one of items.

Message 4 of 13

I don't think that either of them transfers this definition into the elements of the stiffness matrix Smiley Happy

For determining the exact behaviour of such composite panel you would probably need to look for some specialized program - in Robot you have to decide on one of these simplified approaches.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 13

Y cual es el programas mas avanzado que me comentas.

actualmente estoy trabajando con similitudes entre materiales.

Message 6 of 13

You may look at Simulation Mechanical, Nastran, Ansys etc.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 13

Ok, muchas gracias.

Message 8 of 13
RG124
in reply to: arq.rafael.p

Good day. I still do not understand whether it is possible to calculate the deflection of a double-glazed window in a robot? The calculation of a single glass is possible - the robot considers it as a thin plate (Navier's solution). But how can a double-glazed window be calculated - when we have several layers of glasses interconnected through spacers along the perimeter of the glass. Who will suggest a solution?

Message 9 of 13
RG124

For example, consider glass 8 mm thick, 1820 mm wide, 2420 mm high. Load 520 Pa. (see attached file and screenshot). Along the perimeter, the glass enters the window or facade profile by 15 mm and is thus fixed in the structure. The Robot shows a glass deflection of 11.2 mm. For single glazing, the calculation is correct.

But if we use a double-glazed window. The double-glazed window consists of two panes interconnected by a spacer (20 mm) along the glass perimeter, there will be air between the panes. How will glass deflection change? How can such a multilayer element of several glasses be calculated in the Robot?

Message 10 of 13
Simau
in reply to: RG124

@RG124 

You may calculate the equivalent thickness according to this Saint Gobain document (page 502).
I don't know if there is an English version

https://we.tl/t-RO1DjRbi0q

Message 11 of 13
RG124

Message 12 of 13
RG124
in reply to: Simau

Thanks for the document. But I would like to calculate it in Robot.

P.S. You can make an example of the calculation of a double-glazed window according to this document, it is in French and it is difficult for me to translate. According to your calculation example, I will be able to understand where and what calculation formulas I need to use.

1. Calculate single glass with dimensions 1820x2420mm. Wind load 520Pa. Glass 8mm. What will be the deflection of the glass?

2. Calculate a single-chamber double-glazed window with dimensions of 1820x2420mm. Wind load 520Pa. Double-glazed window 8-20-8. What will be the glass deflection?

3. Calculate a double-glazed window with dimensions of 1820x2420mm. Wind load 520Pa. Double-glazed window 8-20-8-20-8. What will be the glass deflection?

Thank you in advance.
Message 13 of 13
Simau
in reply to: RG124

Not so obvious

I don't know if the thicknesses found here can be used in a robot model.

Consult your glazing code

For double and triple glazing see image below.

Thickness.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report