Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Load Combinations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Sambrook
2282 Views, 2 Replies

Copying Load Combinations

Hi,

Is it possible to copy load combinations from one model to another?

I am currently working to American codes and had to hand input my load combinations and would hope it's possible to copy and paste these.

Thanks

Richard

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bjur
in reply to: Sambrook

I do it all the time.  The main thing to remember is that the load combo's referance the load case numbers.  In other words, the load case titled "Dead", might be #1.  The load case titled "Live" might be labeled #2.  If you have a load combo such as 1.2 * Dead + 1.6 * Live, when you copy those load combos from one model to another, you need to make sure that the load case numbers are the same.  The number that represents each case needs to be the same in both models.  Otherwise, Robot won't copy the load combo correctly.

Message 3 of 3
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: bjur

or use this macro:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Editing-load-cases-in-excel-API/m-p/3929901#...

import cases \ combinations to this Excel sheets from one model, then load the second model and generate combinations from Excel

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report