Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying drawings between ASD files

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gustavo_c_vasconcellos
690 Views, 3 Replies

Copying drawings between ASD files

Dear support and Robot's users,

I am trying to copy drawings between Autocad Structural Detailing files and I am having problems.

These drawings were generated from Robot, using: Results>Structural Detailing (see picture attached). I decided to generate two different ASD files because the system used to frozen or take to long to "arranging  elements of the drawings" (see picture attached) when there is more drawings on the file.

I want to keep all drawing in a single file, therefore I tried to copy the drawings between the files using copy to clipboard and paste, but some components desappears. See original beam and pasted beam pictures attached.

What should I do?

Thanks

Gustavo 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

This kind of export from Robot creates in ASD virtual 3D objects which are currently not supported for the clipboard copying. Perhaps you could try to add the next group of drawings to the existing file rather than to the new project. Mind that the existing project has to be opened in ASD while adding new components to this file.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

Artur,

Adding new drawings to the existing fle is taking  a lot of time when I already have many drawings on it.

What I having been  doing is creating "empty" positions (see attached)  in ASD, and then add a single drawing in each position, but I was trying to find a easier way...

Thanks

Gustavo

Message 4 of 4

Long Path Tool allows delete, copy or rename long path files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report