Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooperate between Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Robot - Shells

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
EngineerMickeyMouse
600 Views, 2 Replies

Cooperate between Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Robot - Shells

Does anyone tried to model in Inventor complicated structures consisiting of thin surfaces (etc) only and somehow export file to use it in Autodesk Robot shell analysis?

I would like to use Robot for calculation, but ofcourse Inventor is so great with modelling thus I would like to compile its power. Please do not refer me to Inventor simulation, I have to use Robot since it fits required path of designing with combinations etc...

Best regards,
EMM !

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Can you export the inventor as dxf? then you can bring it into Robot.
I guess you can also bring it into Rhino and use Rhino / Grasshopper to push back to Robot?
Message 3 of 3

You need to use SURFACE elements in Inventor, then save inventor file as *.SAT file type. In Robot open *.sat file, but remember to have solid modeler switched on ( Preferences->View Parameters). Now you have objects called "geometrcal objects " in Robot window. You have to now change them to PANEL elements. Go to PANEL icon, choose your "geometrical objects" ans assign them in Object list in PANEL window. It is now assigned as panel, but you need to go back to Preferences->View Parameters and turn off Solid Modeler to assign mesh in Robot as for 2D objects and not for 3D(solid) objects. Thats it! You will see that your "geometrcal objects " will disapear and only panels will remain.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report