Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converges of Eigen period

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
445 Views, 1 Reply

Hey! I have modeled a beam (450X450mm ) length 4500mm in robot using beam elements. And got convergence of the Eigen period when I used 20 elements. I have solved the same problem using the differential equation for the beam without shear def.  Inn the result I get some differences and I have concluded that it must be the shear deformation. When I tried to model the same beam with length 200 m. I got some difftenses and the Eigen period got even bigger than the analytical solution.

I tough that the FEM solution always gave a stiffer construction than the analytical tough you impose a fictitious stiffness upon the construction.?????? The mass of the systems are the same.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

If I remember correctly that depends on the mass matrix type and the convergence is from 'above' or from 'bottom' respectively.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report