Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour load with no slab. how to delete.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
518 Views, 7 Replies

Contour load with no slab. how to delete.

Hello,

Just a simple one. Once contour loads are created on slabs and slabs are deleted, contorul loads are "hanging in space"  What's the right way to delete them? Thanks.

Untitled.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Try the example 2 from the message 2 from http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/How-to-graphically-delete-loads/m-p/3894093

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8
t.sautierr
in reply to: Anonymous

In addition, sometimes I noticed that the load can "reappear" after a new generation model, actually when not really deleted by graphic means. In this case -> loads table and delete it directly in the table. (Need to be careful to select the proper load to delete as you don't have any element to recognize the countour load except the value of the loads and the coordinates of the contour when you tick the button in the table, usually before going into the table I write the coordinates of one corner in order to be sure I'm deleting the proper one).

Message 4 of 8

sometimes I noticed that the load can "reappear" after a new generation model, actually when not really deleted by graphic means

Do you mean that you delete the load but it is not deleted? Do you have such example?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8

To be precise : if you delete by graphic means the uniform contour loads, the load is deleted but the contour is not, so when re-generating the model, robot recreates a cladding mathcing the remaining contour woth no load.

I have such example but it is in a so huge model, I'll make a smaller example to illustrate.

I think that it is due to the fact that contour is not "linked" to the load, same subject than nodes of bars aren't linked to pannel contour so when you move a point, the pannel does'nt follow ..

Message 6 of 8

Here it is :

image 1 : create contour load

image 2 : after setting load value to 0 by graphic means (=deleting it)  + moving pannel away, the contour still exists and Robot creates a cladding during the next model generation.

Message 7 of 8

after setting load value to 0 by graphic means (=deleting it) 

I'd say that on the movie I indicated the load is actaully deleted in the different way 🙂

delete load.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 8

Oups .... ok! It works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report