Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous footing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
MUHANNAD.ABU_ABDO
673 Views, 4 Replies

Continuous footing

i tried to design continuous footing as in the tutorial ( http://www.robotoffice.com/!n/film_str/44/044_player_swf.htm?robot/044_robot_rc_cont_footings,800,59... but when i want to define T beam section i can't find inveted t beam as in the tutorial ??

i hope this possible because this help me in design footings , so i can take the loads dirctly from structure and design footing 

thanks in advance 

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Structural Design Engineer
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

T shape cont footing.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5

Thanks a lot artur .. it's work 🙂 

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 4 of 5

Another question plz .. what is estimated load foundation ?? is this necessary to apply ? because the load is directly transfer from columns to footing ! is robot by defualt define estimaed load foundation as 100 kn/m

tha second question is when i select the footings and want to choose RC continuous footing from design menu ! there's no option for this .. i try to choose Provide reinforcement for rc elements but robot deal with it as beam not footing ?

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 5 of 5

what is estimated load foundation ??

The value needed to calculate soil elasticity with the method supported in the soil elasticity calculator.

is this necessary to apply ? 

Only when you want to use the soil elasticity calculator. If you know KZ value you can enter it directly in the corresponding field of the bar elastic soil definition dialog.

tha second question is when i select the footings and want to choose RC continuous footing from design menu ! there's no option for this .. i try to choose Provide reinforcement for rc elements but robot deal with it as beam not footing ?

Set the Structure Object as bar in the Inspector (see the picture I attached previously).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report