Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

continuous footing or beam among spread footings for steel structures

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
demetris.a.d
937 Views, 9 Replies

continuous footing or beam among spread footings for steel structures

Please help me out. I have a steel structure and after a lot of attempts i managed to get spread footings for each steel column. Now i want to use a beam or continuous footing between the spread footings Ti connect them.....please give me a solution how can i do that.

And how to i get the forces from the colums so that in case i need to design the foundations on hand...please help me out.
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
C30/37
in reply to: demetris.a.d

Dear demetris.a.d. how did you manage to get spread footings for each steel column? Can you please tell us the procedure?

Message 3 of 10
demetris.a.d
in reply to: C30/37

In the main screen structure-geometry, choose only the nodes at the bottom of each steel column and after -provide reinforcment....and then follow the tags on the right,one by one.
Message 4 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda

contfooting.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 10
C30/37
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Typically, just under the steel column there is a concrete column with small height e.g. 1m and then underneath it there is the foundation. (Cone foundation, not flat slab)

In that case the connection of the steel column has to be done with the concrete column.

Is this possible is ARSAP? Can it be modelled as stated by demetris.a.d. with footing having a "column neck"?

Message 6 of 10
demetris.a.d

DEAR Rafal.Gaweda please explain a little more, after the insertion of spread footing i do this??or i have to implement a beam??? give some details please.....much applied
Message 7 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda

create RC Beam, apply Bar Elastic ground property to it and then it will be possible to import it to RC continuous footing module.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 10
demetris.a.d

but how?

in the geometry section i choose my beam and then input elastic grounfd and-provide reinforcment?
i will upload my structure if you can pin point me......thanks

sorry for not understanting
Message 9 of 10
C30/37

A short video would be very helpful !!!

Message 10 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: C30/37

example movie : http://screencast.com/t/1d9XynBf

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report