Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Beam design

40 REPLIES 40
SOLVED
Message 1 of 41
GordonSharp1992
4012 Views, 40 Replies

Continuous Beam design

how do i model a continouis beam with a roller support at the mid span. i need the beam to be continous.

also how do i model a joint to have a semi rigid/pinned support. with a different stiffness.

thanks

40 REPLIES 40
Message 2 of 41

how do i model a continouis beam with a roller support at the mid span. i need the beam to be continous.

It should be enough to  define a node with the UZ blocked at the point where the support is located.

also how do i model a joint to have a semi rigid/pinned support. with a different stiffness.

Use the elastic (tab) support definition

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 41

i get insability how can i change this

in all directions how do i change this

do i leave Ux and Ry unticked ?

Message 4 of 41

Attach the model please.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 41

heres the model

i need to model semi rigid/pinned supoports at node 3 and 4

and a contiouous beam from 1-3

with a roller at the point show

Message 6 of 41

I'm not sure if I understand this description correctly. Could you make a sketch of the model and indicate which d.o.fs you want to block, have elastic, release in particular nodes please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 41

the structure is a cantilever extention. from nodes 1 to node 3 is a continuous beam with a roller support at location node 2. i want to make it cantilever but i am struggling !

i also want to make node 3 and 4 semi rigid/fixed .

i have attached the poster for my structural project if this helps

Message 8 of 41

jo

Message 9 of 41

The modified model  as on the picture you attached

modified model.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 41

the structure is a cantilever extention. from nodes 1 to node 3 is a continuous beam with a roller support at location node 2. i want to make it cantilever but i am struggling !

i also want to make node 3 and 4 semi rigid/fixed .

And the model that (I hope) matches this description

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 41

thank u this is very helpfull! howvere i keep getting instability at node 2 ( between the contiousous beam ) ! do i have to model the releases or is it just on the supports! or do i have to change flanges ? im usure ! appoligies i am new to robot and taking a while to get the hang of things.

Message 12 of 41

In the model you attached you defined the compatible nodes in such a way that node 2 is not connected with any element of the model so you may delete this definition to get rid of the instability error.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 13 of 41

i have tried this everal times it keeps coming up with instability i have joined the two beams with the -fxf and kept the roller support unjoined i dont know what to do !?

Message 14 of 41

delete compatible nodes.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Message 15 of 41

took me a while ! but i got there thank u for the great help ! structure seems to be working all well thank you

Message 16 of 41

if i now wanted to model a fixed  spring at the top left hand node ! how would i do so ! i have a picture attrached of what i think it would look like !? wetrher it is a roller or pinned or fixed im not sure !

Message 17 of 41

elastic support ux.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Message 18 of 41

perfect thanks i take it there is more opptions in urs as its 3D ?! and what sort of value could i give for this ? is 12345 okay im not sure what to use ?

Message 19 of 41

12345 stands for the stiffness of the spring and this is the value you should know. I'm sorry but I don't understand the other part of your question.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 20 of 41

thanks i understand now !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report