Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connections: Column base design concrete reinforcement

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
corne_mo
2235 Views, 9 Replies

Connections: Column base design concrete reinforcement

When doing a column base design in the connections module, most of the time the connection fales due to concrete cone pullout or an other form of concrete failure and not due to failure in the steel parts.

These concrete failures can be prevented by using reinforcement bars in the concrete. However it is not possible to enter this reinforcement in the design module.

How can I calculate such a connection within Robot incorporating both steel and concrete details?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: corne_mo

As you wrote such anchorage type is currently not available in Robot therefore the check has to be done in some other way. E.g. ignore the corresponding verification part done by Robot and replace it by hand calculations or in Excel based on forces imported from Robot.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10
corne_mo

Thanks for your reply. Question answered, although it's not possible in Robot. maybe something for a next release?
Message 4 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

Definitely the next release is not possible (already too late Smiley Happy). Are you able to point me to some good references where I can find the description of this kind of anchorage verification procedure? Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10
corne_mo
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I have a reference, but it is in Dutch and not available in English. It is:

CUR / BmS-rapport 10: Kolomvoetplaatverbindingen

written by D.A. Hordijk and J.W.B. Stark

ISBN 978-90-72830-82-1

http://www.bouwenmetstaal.nl/lasso/publicaties/lvp_detail.lasso?id=1507&p=search&s=kolomvoetplaatver...

Message 6 of 10

Hi,

It is a very useful idea for all users if we could choose not to have the concrete checks (CEB design) by means of a simple option in the connection interface.

In this context also, it would be great if more anchor types could be added (like Peikko PPM & HPM) or a general anchor type with user tension & shear capacities and NO concrete checks.

Marios.

Message 7 of 10

Added to the wish list. Thank you for your feedback.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 10

MARIOSZISSIMATOS5169 wrote:

Hi,

It is a very useful idea for all users if we could choose not to have the concrete checks (CEB design) by means of a simple option in the connection interface.

Marios.

Available in Robot 2015.
CEB verification.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 10

Hello,

I need to verify the concrete cone failure for a connection. I tried to do so manually, folowing the Concrete Design Guide 1992-4-2:2009 chapter 6.2.5 which has the same equation as Robot presents (CEB 9.2.4). However, I couldn't get the same result for the parameter Ac,N0 and Ac,N, as you can see below:

Screenshot_1.jpg

But Robot got this one:

Screenshot_2.jpg

Since scr,N=480mm and Ac,N0=scr,N*scr,N shouldn't AcN,0 be egual to 2304 cm^2 and not 8190cm^2 as Robot presents?

Is there any reason for this difference? Is there any other updated document I should be following?

Thanks,

Gonçalo Marques

Message 10 of 10

Hi @goncalo.marques

Could you attach the Robot file with this connection?

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report