Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection design, possible error in formula

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nipsu
397 Views, 5 Replies

Connection design, possible error in formula

Hi,

I am designing a connection made of RHS profile, and possibly there might be an error. The joint is a K joint but the formula reported seems to be for T-X- joints, see attachment for better understanding. "2*beff" shall be replaced with "bi +beff", but maybe I am wrong.

Thanks,

Nicola

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: nipsu

Looking at the formulas it seems that 2bff is correct (brace failure):

RHS K connection.png

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
nipsu
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

That formula is correct for X- T- or Y- joints, but the same formula is used in RSA2013 also for K joint, while table 7.12 shall be used.

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

Could you attach the file with the connection we are discussing please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
nipsu
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Now that you can see the file, I would like to ask you also if is possible to turn the force diagrams, you will see that half of the roof truss has the diagonal with local axes rotated (as the should be in reality) but when I display the forces I cannot see them because they are on the other plane, I have attched the screen shot. Do you have any advise for it?

Message 6 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you for the file. I will discuss this issue with the development team.

I would like to ask you also if is possible to turn the force diagrams, you will see that half of the roof truss has the diagonal with local axes rotated (as the should be in reality) but when I display the forces I cannot see them because they are on the other plane, I have attched the screen shot. Do you have any advise for it?

For the 3D models the diagrams are displayed according to the local coordinate systems of bars. Please see:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Orientation-of-diagrams/td-p/3501390

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report