Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting two custom made sections

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Tihomir.Karaba
284 Views, 1 Reply

Connecting two custom made sections

Hello everyone,

I need to connect two parallel members with custom made sections. In the attached picture you can see their shape and connection orientation. The members are 9 m long, and connected to each other with 42 bolts. Further, lower member is connected with HEA support columns.

The question: is it possible to simulate these connection to get proper results (I don't need connection design just a way to transfer loads from one member to another). I tried with rigid links, that worked in some way, but number and arrangement of rigid links have big influence on the results, so I need another approach.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards

Tihomir

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

If you want to use bar elements then I can't see any other option but connect two parallel bars with either rigid links of dummy bars. Otherwise you may want to model the profiles as two shell type objects connected by again bar elements or rigid links.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report